We will only accept pets onboard if booked via an approved pet shipper, or if you are travelling with your own personal pet(s). Pets must be declared to P&O Freight at least 24 hours before arrival, with all relevant paperwork.
When travelling with or shipping pet(s) the following requirements need to be met:
- All Dogs/Cats/Ferrets must be micro chipped and have a 'pet passport'. All details contained therein must correspond.
- All Dogs/Cats/Ferrets must meet UK legal requirements including the requirement of the DEFRA 'Pet Travel Scheme' (including, without limitation, the holding of a Pet Passport and evidence of micro chipping and Rabies vaccination). Full details of which are available on www.defra.gov.uk.
- You can carry no more than 3 personal pets.
- All freight pet shipments must be non-commercial and certified as the freight driver's own pet(s). There may be NO sale or transfer of ownership of pets.
- Vehicle Approval Certificate and Transporters Authorisation as approved by DEFRA must be provided. Freight drivers carrying their own personal pet(s) are exempt from this rule.
- For the full requirements on travelling with or shipping pets, please visit www.defra.gov.uk. Note: It is your responsibility to follow all rules as set out by DEFRA. To avoid delays or refusal of travel, please ensure you have met all requirements before you turn up at the port.
P&O Ferries are currently NOT accepting any new pet shipper applications. If you require a commercial pet shipment, kindly contact us and we will advise you of our approved pet shippers.
P&O Ferries Holdings Ltd reserve the right to refuse shipment at any time.